Skip to main navigation Skip sub navigation Skip to main content Skip to footer Accessibility Options

City Services Sidewalks

City Services

Business Licensing

For a list of frequently asked questions about license and parking click here.

Home Business Application

PDF Icon Application for Home Based Business License (579.81 KB)

To operate a business out of your residence, you need to first obtain two approvals:

  1. The first is a development permit. A development permit, issued by the Planning, Property and Buildings Department, allows business activities to be conducted from a residential property under the Zoning By-law.
  2. The second is a business license. A business license, issued by the Licensing Department, legally allows you to operate a business.

If you are establishing a new business in your residence, or you are changing the parameters of your existing business (e.g. change of address, changing the number of clients on your residential property), you must complete the Home-Based Business Application Form.  The application form must be submitted to the Planning, Property and Buildings Department at the A.R. McDiarmid Civic Complex, 638 Princess Avenue.

Depending on the proposed business, the Licensing Department may require a copy of your license as issued by the Province of Manitoba.

Please contact the Planning, Property and Buildings Department at 204-729-2110 for more information.


General Business Application

PDF Icon Application for General Business License (21 KB)

Please use the General Business Form for the following licenses:

  • Commercial Pawn Broker
  • Craft Show Special Business License
  • Crafter Special Business License
  • Direct Seller (Ex: Avon, Mary Kay, Arbonne, etc.)
  • Public Trade Show Special Business License
  • Solicitation
  • Business Registration Second Hand Dealer
  • General Business Other, Regional or Transient


City of Brandon - 410 9th Street - Brandon MB - R7A 6A2 - Phone: 204. 729. 2186