Below are some answers to some common questions that you might have when dealing with License and Parking issues in the City of Brandon. Please note that this is not a complete list of rules. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions or concerns that are not covered here.

Dog & Cat Fines

  • Leaving an Animal in Vehicle When Unsafe $200.00
  • Not Providing Sufficient Food/Water to Animal $200.00
  • Dog Barking $200.00
  • Dog/Cat Running at Large/Off Leash $200.00
  • Dog Bites/Dog Threatening to Attack $200.00
  • Permit Dog on Any School ground/Playground or Cemetery $50.00
  • Failure to Pickup Dog/Cat Excrement $200.00
  • Accumulation of Dog/Cat Excrement $200.00
  • Dog/Cat Without a License $100.00

Fine reduced in half if payment is received within 15 days of ticket being issued.

(The fines may change from time to time and will supersede all rates indicated.)


Out of Town Contractor License Requirements

All out of town contractors (general and sub-trades) must be licensed to operate in the City of Brandon.

Required documentation to be submitted when applying for an out of town contractor license:

  • General Business License Application
  • List of Sub-trades(as provided by the General Contractor If Applicable)
  • License fee for out of town contractor can vary from $300.00 to $400.00 (depending on your address)
  • When an out of town business license is issued the license is in effect from January 1st – December 31st per calendar year

Failure to obtain a Business License will subject you to a Compliance Ticket as issued by By-Law Enforcement of Brandon Police Service in the maximum amount of $200.00.